Mobile & Web, Squads & Pods, Project Turnaround
Mobile & Web, Squads & Pods, Project Turnaround
Thomson Reuters, a global leader in legal and business information, had ambitious plans for their Elite legal research platform. They envisioned a sleek, mobile experience accessible on iPads, empowering lawyers with on-the-go research prowess. Initial attempts to port Elite to the cloud and iPads, undertaken with various agencies and approaches, had stalled. Prior to Lolay, the project was plagued by technical roadblocks, missed deadlines, and spiraling costs.
This detailed breakdown showcases the depth and breadth of Lolay's solution, not just as a mobile app but as a complete reimagining of legal research for the future. It prioritizes user experience, collaboration, security, and adaptability, empowering researchers to work smarter, faster, and more securely in the cloud-powered legal landscape.
A User-Centric Interface:
- Touch-Optimized Layout: Ditching the desktop layout, Lolay designed a sleek and intuitive interface optimized for the iPad's touchscreen.
- Simplified Navigation: Key functionalities were readily accessible, with navigation built around familiar gestures and swipes.
- Data Visualization Revolution: Information visualization received a boost, with interactive charts and graphs enhancing data comprehension.
- Offline Access Always: Offline access ensured users could continue research even without an internet connection.
Powerful Search and Retrieval:
- Precision Algorithms: Lolay revamped the search engine, employing advanced algorithms to deliver highly relevant results even with imprecise queries.
- Natural Language Understanding: Natural language processing capabilities allowed users to search in plain English, mimicking real-world legal research scenarios.
- Personalized Research Flow: Personalized filters and saved searches streamlined research flow, saving time and effort.
- Automatic Citation Tracking: An integrated citation tracker automatically identified and linked relevant cases and statutes.
Seamless Cloud Integration:
- Secure Foundation: Leveraging the power of the cloud, Lolay built a secure and scalable infrastructure for Elite on iPads.
- Always Up-to-Date: Data synchronization across devices ensures users always have access to the latest information, no matter where their research takes them.
- Peace of Mind in the Cloud: Automatic backups and disaster recovery measures provided robust protection against data loss and downtime.
- Future-Proofed Scalability: The cloud-based infrastructure also paved the way for future feature updates and expansions.
Collaborative Research Tools:
- Shared Annotation Power: Shared annotation tools allowed colleagues to highlight and comment on specific sections of documents.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Real-time chat and video conferencing enabled seamless collaboration, even remotely.
- Version Control Clarity: Version control ensured team members were always working on the latest version of documents.
Advanced Security and Compliance:
- Data Security First: Protecting sensitive legal information is paramount. Multi-factor authentication, access control measures, and data encryption ensure maximum security for all research data.
- Compliance Confidence: Lolay built Elite with industry regulations in mind. Regular security audits and penetration testing safeguard the platform against potential vulnerabilities.
- Peace of Mind, Guaranteed: Rest assured that your research data is always protected and handled responsibly with Elite's robust security framework.
A Platform for the Future:
- Evolving and Adapting: Lolay's microservices architecture makes Elite incredibly flexible. New features and functionalities can be easily added without disrupting existing capabilities.
- Growing with Your Needs: The cloud infrastructure scales seamlessly to accommodate user growth and changing research demands.
- Empowering the Future: Lolay equipped Thomson Reuters' internal team with the knowledge and skills to maintain and evolve Elite independently, ensuring the platform's continued success for years to come.
Beyond the impressive features and technical prowess, Lolay's turnaround work with Thomson Reuters to bring Elite to iPads had a profound impact, transforming the platform and the end-user experience. Here's a look at some key metrics showcasing the success:
- Increased user adoption: 45% growth in daily active users compared to the desktop version, demonstrating the convenience and appeal of the iPad app.
- Enhanced research efficiency: 18% decrease in research time per task achieved through features like personalized filters, saved searches, and offline access, streamlining the research process.
- Improved Collaboration and teamwork: 20% growth in collaborative research sessions utilizing features like shared annotations, live research sessions, and real-time chat, fostering teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Financial and operational benefits: 50% reduction in cloud infrastructure costs through Lolay's optimized cloud architecture and resource allocation strategies and 28% decrease in development and maintenance overhead due to the modular microservices architecture, making the platform easier to maintain and update.
- Internal team boost: Increased team morale and adoption of iPad, cloud and agile tools that helped maintain development momentum for the Elite team.
- Brand enhanced: Improved brand image and market competitiveness for Thomson Reuters through a cutting-edge, user-centric legal research platform.
Read more details in the Thomson Reuters Case Study.